KinderHaven is a Montessori-based Preschool that focuses on academics as well as character building for children ages 1.5-6 years.
Our vision is a generation of children with Christ-like character and a heart of stewardship who excel academically and are independent lifelong learners.
We implement the Montessori curriculum which offers a complete range of subject areas consisting of Practical Life Exercises, Sensorial Studies, Mathematics, Language, and Cultural Studies. A thematic web curriculum is implemented in all five areas throughout the academic year, making an interdisciplinary approach to learning which helps build a more comprehensive understanding of concepts taught in the minds of our students.
- The Montessori method:
- Unites work and play in a meaningful way
- Satisfies children’s natural curiosity and develops a love of learning Teaches new concepts through hands-on exploration using Montessori learning materials
- Promotes independence and self-esteem by allowing children to “do it themselve” without help from adults
- Allows for movement in the classroom, giving children the opportunity to explore and socialize
- To enrich children wholistically, we also have the following complementary programs in place:
Core Character Values (CCV)
- Aside from academics, we believe that character building is essential during the early childhood years. We have adapted a Core Character Values program which teaches children about Biblical values such as obedience, forgiveness, and honesty using songs, poems and engaging interactive activities.
- Prayers are also done daily as a group activity throughout the day to help develop a habit of prayer.
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
The 14 Core Character Values are:
Language and Math Extended Work
- To complement what the children learn through the Montessori learning materials, Language and Math concepts are strengthened further through extended supplementary group games, learning activities, and with Jolly Phonics – a highly effective program to teach children to read and write.
- To enrich the lessons, useful resources such as Tracing/Writing Booklets, Math Booklets, and worksheets are utilized.
- To help develop communication and comprehension skills in a meaningful way, we also provide children with alternating hands-on group activities such as Music & Movement, Arts & Crafts, Outdoor Play, Sensory Play, Food Preparation and Interactive Storytelling.
- To prepare children for primary school, our primary preparations program offers children a more structured learning environment with longer lessons and larger classes.
- Structured Days, Oral Reporting, and Group Projects will be implemented to equip the children with important learning skills, integrating activities, and concrete transitioning experiences for a smooth transition to primary school.
All our classes are conducted fully in English and follow mixed-aged grouping. A multi-aged classroom provides motivation for younger children to achieve higher goals and encourages older children to practice empathy and exercise leadership skills.
Twinklers (1.5 – 3 years)
- Our Twinklers Class is designed to help children transition from home to school by developing independence, implementing classroom routines and introducing early Language and Math skills. Importance will also be given on motoric and social-emotional development.
- Mon, Wed, Fri – 2 hours
- Tues, Thurs – 2.5 hours
Sparklers (3-4.5 years)
- Our Sparklers Class is aimed to help children work towards more formal reading, writing, and application of simple Math concepts and operations. Starting from this level, students will engage in more intensive individual and group hands-on activities to understand new concepts and ideas. They will also have a broader exposure to studies involving plants, animals, time, and different people and countries.
- Schedule: Mon-Fri – 3 hours
Preparatory (4.5-6 years)
- In our Preparatory Class, students will have Structured Days weekly as they study Language and Math using a more conventional learning method in preparation for the transition to a formal classroom setting. Montessori materials are complemented with Group Projects, Oral Reporting and useful resources to prepare for primary school.
- Schedule: Mon-Fri – 5 hours
Twinklers Monday, Wednesday, Friday Morning Class Schedule
|8:30 – 8:35 (5 mins)||Preparation for The Day|
|8:35 – 8:45 (10 mins)||Core Character Value Session|
|8:45 – 9:00 (15 mins)||Circle Time|
|9:00: - 9:45 (45 mins)||Work Period|
|9:45 – 10:00 (15 mins)||Snack Time|
|10:00 - 10:30 (30 mins)||Multi-Activity Time|
Twinklers Tuesday, Thursday Morning Class Schedule
|8:00 – 8:15 (15 mins)||Preparation for The Day|
|8:15 – 8:25 (10 mins)||Core Character Valeu Session|
|8:25 - 8:40 (15 mins)||Circle Time|
|8:40 - 9:40 (60 mins)||Work Period|
|9:40 – 10:00 (20 mins)||Snack Time|
|10:00 – 10:30 (30 mins)||Multi-Activity Time|
Sparklers Morning Class Schedule
|7:30 – 7:40 (10 mins)||Preparation for The Day|
|7:40 – 7:55 (15 mins)||Circle Time|
|7:55 – 9:25 (90 mins)||Work Period|
|9:25: - 9:45 (20 mins)||Snack Time|
|9:45 – 10:15 (30 mins)||Multi-Activity Time|
|10:15 – 10:45 (30 mins)||Core Character Valeu Session|
Twinklers Monday, Wednesday, Friday Mid-Morning Class Schedule
|11.00 – 11.05 (5 mins)||Preparation for The Day|
|11.05 - 11.15 (10 mins)||Core Character Valeu Session|
|11:15 - 11:30 (15 mins)||Circle Time|
|11:30 - 11:45 (15 mins)||Lunch Time|
|11:45 - 12:30 (45 mins)||Work Period|
|12:30 - 13:00 (30 mins)||Multi-Activity Time|
Twinklers Tuesday, Thursday Mid-Morning Class Schedule
|11.00 – 11.15 (15 mins)||Preparation for The Day|
|11:15 - 11:25 (10 mins)||Core Character Valeu Session|
|11:25 - 11:40 (15 mins)||Circle Time|
|11:40 - 12:00 (20 mins)||Lunch Time|
|12:00 - 13:00 (60 mins)||Work Period|
|13:00 - 13:30 (30 mins)||Multi-Activity Time|
Sparklers Mid-Morning Class Schedule
|10:15 - 10:45 (30 mins)||Core Character Valeu Session|
|10:45 - 10:55 (10 mins)||Preparation for The Day|
|10:55 - 11:10 (15 mins)||Circle Time|
|11:10 - 11:30 (20 mins)||Lunch Time|
|11:30 - 13:00 (90 mins)||Work Period|
|13:00 - 13:30 (30 mins)||Multi-activity Time|
Brief description of A Day in KinderHaven:
- Our days in KinderHaven allow learning to take place in fun, interesting and meaningful ways in accordance with the child’s age and pace of learning. Intricate Montessori activities are introduced in simple and motivating ways to encourage mastery and develop lifelong skills. The primary focus is on language development, practical application of Math concepts and skills, gross and fine motor skills, social skills, and early independence.
- The children are exposed to a wide array of alternating activities which include Gym, Music, Arts and Crafts, Cooking, Gardening, Feeding Pets, Water Play, Read Aloud and Interactive Storytelling.
- Countless opportunities to engage in social interactions occur throughout the day, during play, mealtimes and within small groupings with the use of materials that support responsible interactive learning and discovery. Daily activities include a variety of active and quiet individual and group projects to ensure that the children are involved and interested in their surroundings.
- We strive to merge academic achievement with Christian values and Biblical character building.
- We implement a full Montessori curriculum which is complemented by other programs to enrich children wholistically.
- We are a boutique preschool with smaller class sizes and lower teacher to child ratio.
- Our home-like environment grows a sense of community and belonging for students and parents alike.
- Our experienced and trained teaching team specializes in early childhood education.
- Our mixed-age grouping gives children the opportunity to grow from being the youngest and into leaders/mentors in the class.
- We encourage active parent involvement through Class Parent opportunities, Parent Volunteer activities, and Parent Workshops.
- Our child-friendly facilities and interior design gives opportunities for children to develop independence.
- Our interior aesthetics, hygiene and cleanliness are state of the art.
- We provide both indoor and outdoor play areas.
- We are situated in a building at the heart of Gading Serpong’s new CBD, next to Grand Superindo and restaurants including Starbucks, Sushi Mentai, Imperial Lamian, Pizza Hut, KFC, and Padang Merdeka.
- Our students are given the privilege of free play at Kinder Playhouse & Library.
- We offer enrichment/extracurricular classes for early childhood development.